Sunday, February 6, 2011

Holy Rosary, Batman

There's a church in town, on Riverside Dr., that I believe is called Our Lady of the Rosary, nicknamed "Holy Rosary". I have driven by it many times and have always wanted to stop and look around. Today I did so, and brought my camera along for the ride...


And then it started to snow. 


I really wish that I could have gotten a better picture of the grandiose edifice. It's really something when you stop and look at it from all angles. This shot would have been lovely except for the silly wires and lampost. Though the sign on the post is special, and grounds the image to this fair city, it still acts as an obstruction that continues to irk me. Though imprefections such as these that come up in my artwork really get under my skin, the assignment in class this week includes good and bad obstructions. Personally, I would rather a clean photo, and would enjoy plucking away these elements before I shoot rather than adjust them digitally.


I know it may sound strange, but I love churches and cemetaries. They are full of history and their ornaments are crafted with care. I would really enjoy going back and photograph this church in the spring and summer, and hopefully get some pictures of the inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment