Tuesday, September 7, 2010

All My Own

Today's post shall be short and sweet, just like me. It was my first full day of school, and it was pretty easy. The profs were good about not overwhelming people the first day, especially since most of us can't extract our books from the makeshift bookstore (which is hard to take seriously since they have set it up in one of the coat rooms of the Arts Centre, and they keep closing during peak hours. RE-diculous). So we had a quick intro into what everyday class will entail, and were even sent home early.
Already, I like the program. I mean, I get to doodle as much as I want while the prof lectures about texture techniques, and I won't even get in trouble! I'm not saying that, at 25, I'm afraid of a little talkin to from a professor, I'm simply in awe at the fact that I am encouraged to draw all over my stuff. The feeling is quite liberating.

Doodles and drafts have been spilling from my fingertips. It's exhilirating. The picture above is a direct product of such musings, and a small logo has also come to be. It's still a little rough, and, as usual, a collage of sorts. Every piece of it done by hand (which feels great). But it's the tip of the iceberg considering the programs we will be working with, the works to be created. I am looking forward not only to manipulating this image into a variety of signatures/logos with all sorts of sample colours and effects, but to watch the progression of these and other works in the upcoming months.   

No comments:

Post a Comment